Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Home at last......



I am back!!!!

After an almost 24-hour delay, I've finally stepped on this land, Kaohsiung, Taiwan once again.
My hometown.
A place I've left for five years.

And now I am back for the second time, I feel as if I've left this country for ages.
Everything seems unfamiliar yet familiar at the same time.

Kaohsiung, to a certain degree, remains the same.
It's still hot! Right now, even during the so-called winter time, I am only wearing a short polo shirt and jeans..
I don't miss the cold weather in San Francisco at all! It's warm here and I love it.

I am in one of those "Cyber Cafes" now...my first time experiencing this popular hobby that most many Taiwanese youngsters devour themselves in countless hours everyday. It feels really weird indeed.

I was strolling on the streets that I used to walk almost everyday to my elementary school. Everything is almost the same, except everything all seem smaller now.

Seeing my dear wai-gon and wai-po(grandfather and grandmother from my mother's side) once again, I had to try very hard not to cry, even though I've psyched myself repeatedly before I came to visit them.
I knew that wai-gon is sick, but I didn't know that he would look this weak. He has lost a lot of weight and seems weak and not very energetic at all.
He is not the same wai-gon that I've known anymore. I am heart-broken just to see him in this condition.
He has Parkinson's disease, an illness that has always been something of no importance at all to me.
Now it's as closers to me as it can be.
Someone so dear to me has the disease but I can't do anything about it. The medication he's taking has so many severe side affects that he has become so weak...

Okay I will try to write a happier entry in a few days...I have to. :(




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?