Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Uncertainty

I am sad, depressed, and disappointed. And confused at the same time.
I should be furious as well but somehow I am not.

So the Americans.
Those who voted.
A bit over half of them, chose image over mind.
Just like choosing between two apples.
The one with better-looking skin got picked.
Yes...I should've known.

I was aware how conservative and religious Americans are. Merely.
I really do know now.
The leader for this country for the next four years IS conservative and religious.
Those are not the qualities I deem important in a leader.
Especially a leader for a country so powerful and dominant.
Those qualities won't lead a country to a better future.
Under his leadership, I won't feel safe at all. That's enough of a reason for me to leave this country and be somewhere else but here.
And someone who cannot even admit he's wrong as the leader?


I believe that he and his administration represent the worst in American ideals and policies.

Where have the good sides of the American people gone to? =(
The open-mindednes. The generosity. Where have all that gone to?
Fear has blinded their mind and vision...

Confused because my mom delivered to me a stone-cold fact last night. That with what I am studying, it's unlikely for me to get a decent job back in Taiwan except an English teacher in one of those cram schools.

So I am stuck here. In this country. This place where I've tried, with all my efforts to love, but without much success at all.

Staring at my "Form N-400, Application for Naturalization," I wonder if I should still finish filling it out.
No. You want it?


Take it.




Comments:
my condolence...
nor do I love that dark-figure.. four life with him at that land is a disaster, I know.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?