Thursday, November 11, 2004

Just another ordinary day..

The stormy weather woke me up this morning.
Reminded me of those typhoon holidays I had back in Taiwan.
The entire school was roaring with happy cheers when hearing the announcement that we got to go home early because the typhoon was approaching.

It was fun actually.
No TV. No electricity.
Just the four of us, my parents and my sister, having a candlelight dinner together.
I'd crawl into my bed in completely darkness, feeling safe and secure from the increasingly growing winds and rains outside.
It was a "scary" kind of excitement.
Like the anticipation I felt before a roller coaster begins to plunge from the top.
And knowing that nothing bad would happen.
Only that I was too young and naive to know that things aren't always that simple.
But I guess that's good for a child..

Finally got my little project going. Talked with a reporter from World Journal last night and she seemed quite interested in doing a news article on Project SHINE.
Now only if I could convince her NOT to take pictures of me coaching the students.
I am camera-shy!!! ^///^
I'd rather just stay behind the scene...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?