Wednesday, November 10, 2004

クイール

Watched the movie クイール yesterday and like many others before me who've seen the film, I couldn't control my tears from falling down.
And smiled at the same time.

Not a trace of those overly-done dramatic and sentimental turns of events, this movie serves more like a documentary. Yet it's such a moving piece...
And I do need those kinds of movies from time to time to remind me that there are still goods in us.
To push me back to the less pessimistic side of me in other words.

Based on a true story, this movie chronicles the life of クイール, an eye-seeing dog in Japan.
Gently, through the director's unforced lens, we witness an extremely cute Labrador puppy(too cute!) to grow up surrounding by the love of his "puppy walkers", then to go through several tough eye-seeing dog training and finally to change a blind man, 渡辺満さん's life.
Opening someone's heart is a difficult thing to do.
But with クイール's patience, selfishlessness and profound devotion, he guided not only 渡辺満さん to walk safely throughout his daily life, but also guided 渡辺満さん to take a much more open and positive path in life.
クイール helped 渡辺満さん to see and experience the joy of living. Now that's a very remarkable thing to achieve.

Why are dogs willing to open their hearts completely to us human beings?
Is it because they sense that there are still many goods in us that deserve their love?
I want to believe that...

If you want to watch something very different from the typical Hollywood melodrama movies, do see this one.
Quietly, this movie moved me deeply..just like how クイール quietly changed those people's life around him.






Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?