Sunday, October 17, 2004

The hidden stuff....



I finally managed to finish watching Ju-on: The Grudge over the weekend.
I couldn't finish it the first time. I was watching it by myself.
3 O'clock in the afternoon.
In broad daylight.
It took me almost two hours to fall asleep that night.
It wasn't that scary the second time around. Maybe it's because I was watching it with two other ppl and they were trying to make me laugh...
Still, the Japanese's definition of scare and horror is extremely different from American's.
Not much blood. No body parts flying all over the room.
It's what's in the air,the invisible atmosphere that's really scary.


Comments:
That is so true! American horror movies try to scare you visually. Japanese horror films try to scare you psychologically, which I think is far more scarier!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?