Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Silence.


If Bush is to be re-elected again as the president of this country, I am getting outta here. Seriously!


Either way, my plan of moving back to Taiwan is still unchanged.
I wonder what my grandparents will react when I tell them that when I get back to Taiwan this winter break...

After all, USA simply represents everything everyone wants, right?
The American Dream.
Umm...a country with no universal medical insurance and number of people dying of gun shots wounds is what..10 times higher than of those in Canada and 100 times higher than those in England?
I held very high expectations before I moved here. I did. Just like the most of them...
For now, I really do not have a reason to settle down in this country.

On a lighter note...my little story on my beloved denden maru is going nowhere...:(
I am stuck!

I almost tripped over and fell while walking home because my mind was completely on how to continue with the story...wahaha
Maybe all I need is a little bit of time....


And..at 2 AM, studying for my Japanese class quiz, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I had this weird dejavu that I did the exact same thing years before.
Then I realized. Yes I did. Five years ago.
Studying my ass off for the College Entrance Exam. My last year in high school.
Woke up at 6 am. Studied. Lunch. Studied. Studied. Studied...till 3 am.
A life most high school students in Taiwan had to endure.
Looking back at that one year in restrospect now, I simply can not believe it was really me who went through it.
I guess being a forgetful person as I am has its advantages.
The most dreadful memories seem to have buried deep under my mind, nowhere to be found...

And to those who still celebrate this holiday...
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!
Eat tons of mooncakes for me! =)



Comments:
Hey FallenStar, I'm with you! Can't stand Bush! He's so stupid! Definitely NOT voting for him (didn't vote for him last time either!)this year! Anyway, don't overdo it with the studying! Maybe that's why you're getting writer's block on your story? Genki Dashite!
 
I agree with you about Bush. I did vote for him last time though. I thought he was the lesser of the two evils back then.

Well, Taiwan is stressed out also. Mainland China vs Taiwan is sort of like the US and Cuba ( well, sort of).
And wasn't the last election there questioned like our last election here?

You already speak English and are working on Japanese? Great! How about starting another blog in Japanese and writing a story there. Maybe you could find someone in Japan to critique your Japanese and you could correct their English?

Best Wishes,

Leo
 
yeah, i totally agree w. you fallenstar.
when i first came to the states...i thought, it would be great...but, after living here for 11 yrs...i wish i hadn't come at all...everything sux here, the only thing i'm glad is that now i know english...but, now days...who doesn't.
it'll be nice to move back to taiwan n be w. my family again ^^
anyhoo, have fun going back there this winterbreak! ^^

ps. good luck on your denden maru story ^_^ and your japanese quiz
 
Rinrin..yes..what's worse is that Bush truly believes that everything he does is absolutely right.*sighs

Thanks for dropping by,Leo!=)
My knowledge in Japanese is so minimal and limited.So it's impossible for me to write anything lengthy and in depth in Japanese now..lol
Yes..Taiwan is pretty messed up at the moment,too.
The last presidential election there is pretty much..fucked up.That's probably the only word to describe it.
If I could,I would just move to Canada with my grandparents and convince my parents to retire there as well. oh well.

Mr./Miss John doe..or Jane doe?
Yes..compared to Taiwan,USA does have a better overall envirnment to reside in..plus the advantage in the language..
But yeah..I don't know if I'll ever be able to call USA home or my country..
Yeah..my denden maru story..is still going nowhere..
Demo,ganbari masu! ^__^
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?